BROAD-BASED EURO-ZONE ECONOMIC GROWTH WILL CONTINUE
- 5 months ago
• The Euro area economy continues to expand in a broad-based manner.
• A test of economic indicators suggests that this broad-based growth will continue.
• Significant monetary policy stimulus is still needed.
• Uncertainty around the inflation outlook is receding.
• Underlying inflation is expected to pick up towards the end of this year.
• Then increase gradually over the medium-term.
• Sees limited contagion from recent financial market volatility.
• Cliff-edge Brexit could have the potential to pose a more significant downside risk to financial stability.
Source : IMF statement